Monday, March 8, 2010

First Practical for PGCE

If Panic had a sound.... what would it sound like?

Perhaps it might sound like the combination of my heart beating in my ears, an internal screeching sound and each cell in my body visibly shaking within their cell walls?

Am I over reacting? Probably !

I suppose it is the fear of the unknown, the fear of failure or maybe it is just that I dont know how I am going to fit this all in....


Today I found out I will be placed at Mpolweni for my first school placement. It is a rural school on the Greytown road


Dont get me wrong, I'm really excited but the panic has definately set in. I hope i am able to contribute and make a difference at the school as well as learn from the experienced teachers there.

It is quite a way to travel everyday but it is in the country side and the trip will give me time to reflect on the day ahead and the day that has passed, so that when I get home to my little girl whom I shall miss so much, I can focus on her totally until bed time. Then while she is sweetly dreaming I can focus on the tasks for the next day.
I am so tempted to press this panic button but I am going to take a deep breath instead and be thankful that I have this amazing opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. At first i didn't get it. when i read it again, i started to understand it more.
    im on the edublogs challenge too.
    my link is aesop162.edublogs.org

    ReplyDelete