Wednesday, July 14, 2010

First Week

So Far so good

It is interesting to have time to take it all in unlike my first prac.
It is also interesting how organised it all is with workbooks and textbooks.

The Girls did homework over the holidays and so most of this week has been marking of that work but today I did get to witness a demonstration for Natural science on the subject of Indicators in relation to acids and bases.

Still a bit frustrating not having access to the workbook for Natural or Life Science but I am hoping by the end of the week that would have changed.

Other than that, I got my own email address and access codes for the internet etc so I am pretty Chuffed. I also went to one of the Focus groups today which was discussing improvement ideas for classrooms, toilets and computers and it seems that everything is of a high standard with most of the concerns being General maintenance and who to contact with regards to it.

I am also taking one of the Extended lessons on.... wait for it.... CARD MAKING .... the teacher who usually does it is involved with Vogue this term so she asked if I could take it instead.

Out of all the extension lessons like extra maths, extra science, extra biology etc... I ended up with Card making ... Hilarious - but am loving the creative outlet ;-)

My timetable is pretty full but that is mostly due to my efforts to soak up as much information, experience and observation that I can.

Take a look at this week ...
The white blocks are my free periods - 7 frees in one week or 7/35 lessons are free

This will change to less as I get busier and need more frees, I wont be able to observe as much as I would like.
Anyway, halfway through my first week and still smiling....

No comments:

Post a Comment